This is a regular make in our house as it has so many uses and I always have a few tupperware containers of it in the freezer in 2 little people portions for quick lunches/dinners.
You can use it as humble spag bol sauce, Shepard's pies, tacos, burritos, jacket potatoes, serve with rice, etc etc
I get asked quite often what my recipe is so here it is based very loosely on the Ragu recipe/method in the Thermomix EDC.
400 - 500g of chicken breast cut into cubes
(slightly frozen is best) and then on turbo for a few pulses till you get a mince like consistency (you can use less mince and bulk with lentils as per tip below*)
1 onion quartered
2 cloves garlic
1 organic carrot roughly chopped (SKIN ON)
1 organic zucchini roughly chopped
2 bottles of Pasatta (700ml bottles I use - check ingredients to make sure no additives should just be tomatoes and salt)
Pink salt & pepper to taste, dried oregano
30g of EVO (extra virgin olive oil)
* 1/2 can of organic lentils (optional - can use this to bulk out the meal if you don't have much mince) and is a great way to get reluctant legume eaters eating lentils!
1. Place onion, garlic, carrot, zucchini (and really whatever other vegetable you like) in TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 6.
2. Add oil and saute 3 mins 30 seconds at 100 deg speed 1
3. Add mince and cook for 8 - 9 mins on Varoma reverse speed soft. Once timer goes off give it a quick stir to break up the mince as it tends to bunch up
4. Add 2 bottles of passata, salt, pepper and oregano to taste and if using lentils add.
5. Cook for 15 mins Varoma reverse speed soft and leave the MC in lid on a inclined position as the sauce does spit as you are using the machine at it's full capacity.
This makes 1 thermoserver full of sauce, you can freeze in smaller batches for quick dinners/lunches or use it to make other dishes such as Shepard's pie of which I add a couple of cups of cooked frozen peas/carrots with the sauce and then make a batch of EDC dairy free potato (or a mix of potato/sweet potato mash) and put in the oven for about 30 mins till bubbling (you can add cheese on top if you are not dairy free)