Search This Blog

Friday, October 12, 2012

Honey Mustard Chicken Thermomix Style


Now honey mustard chicken is a fave in most houses correct?  I know it's Riley's most favourite dinner ever he tells me every time I make it and loves taking it to preschool for lunch.

Now wouldn't it be nice to be able to make it quickly and easily without a Masterfoods premade sachet! Well here is by far the best Honey mustard chicken recipe around. This one is made in the Thermomix but I'm sure could easily be cooked on the stove top.

Recipe comes from the Thermomix forum - http://www.forumthermomix.com/ and I've made a few changes - noted in brackets below.


HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN

Ingredients:

550g chicken cubed (a bit more is ok makes it serve more)
1 onion, halved
20g wholegrain mustard (can reduce if prefer) I actually up it to 30g
1/2 tsp tumeric

1tbspn stock paste
30g honey (I actually up to about 35g)
20g flour (GF plain flour)
100g water
150ml cream (Liddells Lactose Free Cream)
30g olive oil

Preparation:
Put onion in TM and chop for 3 sec speed 7. Add oil and saute for 2 min speed 1 at 100deg
Add tumeric and flour and stir for 3 sec on speed 4
Add water and cook 1 min, 70 deg on speed 1
Place chicken, stock, mustard and honey into bowl and cook for 5 min, 100deg, reverse and speed soft

Add cream and cook for 20 min,100deg reverse and speed soft
If you like a thicker sauce add some cornflour and water paste and cook for further 2 min, 100deg speed soft and reverse.

This tastes great on the day but 100% better the next day for lunch!
 
Will be attempting this next time with coconut milk /cream to make dairy free! Will let you know how it goes!



 

16 comments:

  1. Made on the stove top and with coconut cream and delicious! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trish, we always use coconut cream now we much prefer it this way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Found your recipe by googling, wanted a healthier version of an old family favourite (out of a jar I'm afraid) - made this tonight, what a hit!! I used normal cream, might try it with coconut cream, but definite tick of approval from my fussy family! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made this recipe tonight but used Greek Yoghurt instead of cream. Was yummy, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was so yummy. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I googled 'thermomix chicken' and yours come up in the list, miss 5 chose (i think due to the honey) - it was a real hit! mine had spelt flour, sweet paprika (no tumeric) and coconut cream. thanks will be making it again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my go to honey mustard chicken, family love it!

    I have successfully cooked it in my TM5 too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Made with success last week, a hit with all of the family and all the kids asked for more. I am making it today for a family in which the Mum is undergoing cancer treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was divine. I used a bit more chicken as that's what i had and steamed some julienne carrots and sliced zucchini. I also used coconut cream and it was very tasty. Thanks so much for sharing - i'll definitely make this again. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing his recipe it is delicious and the whole family enjoyed it. I added two julienned carrots with the cream and they cooked perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. its just ok..kids n i find it sickly sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. its just ok..kids n i find it sickly sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. By far the best honey mustard chicken I have ever had!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Dear,

    i Like Your Blog Very Much..I see Daily Your Blog ,is A Very Useful For me.

    https://www.hubert-versand.de/thermobehaelter-thermoboxen/

    ReplyDelete
  15. We’ve been using this recipe for years! Our go-to.

    Yum! Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete